Monday, July 2, 2012

Inept Political Commentary of the Week

Goes to 'Change the UN Charter' from ABC's The Drum...

"I have a problem of you refugees advocates and the refugees using the grey areas of the UN charter for refugees to get your way. I don't disagree with taking an annual intake of genuine refugees. What I have a problem with is: A lot of these refugees are Economic ones. A genuine refugee doesn't throw away their papers. I would readily process those with papers as they are not wasting our time and money."
...Who kindly offers to personally process those refugees with papers, and casually inform every other refugee on the planet who forgot to grab their passport before hiding in that tree while their home was torched that they're wasting our time. It's just like that time I left home without grabbing my iPhone. In this way, it's nice of 'Charter' to remind us of our common humanity; whether fleeing torture and peril, or wanting to check facebook on the bus, we lead busy modern lives and are all silly duffers when it comes to leaving important objects at home.

Stevo (I assume your real name is Stevo), you are inept. I salute you.

2 comments:

  1. Commentary on the Drum is the worst, and therefore the best. Also I feel like refugees/ asylum seekers have become the new dole bludgers in terms of capturing the public imagination. Discuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is true, especially as the major theme in that comments thread was "They all want to come here because they can sign up for welfare like RIGHT AWAY". Yes, except for the 2 years of 'mandatory detention', and except for the fact that living on the dole means living well below the poverty line, which is sooo appealling. Have ACA managed to produce an Iraqi version of the Paxtons yet? When that happens, we'll truly know.

    ReplyDelete